Early Warning Scoring and Pulse Oximetry.
Even in a hospital setting cardiac arrest is invariably fatal. Detecting signs of patient’s deterioration with Early Warning Scoring, combined with effective processes for emergency response, could help prevent cardiac arrest in the general ward. This programme will examine the use of Early Warning Scores and their role in preventing cardiac arrest. It will also look specifically at the technique of pulse oximetry.
- The role of early warning scoring in the early detection of patient deterioration
- Identifying warning signs of patient deterioration
- Early warning scoring parameters
- Oxygen transport physiology
- Indications for pulse oximetry monitoring
- Equipment required for pulse oximetry monitoring
- Limitations of pulse oximetry
is an Approved Educational Supplier for CPDme