Safeguarding Children & Young Adults - Level 2 (POCA 2)
Up to 60mins
This course is suitable for any health or social care professional who works with adults or children.
WHAT WILL THIS COURSE PROVIDE?
Risks posed to children through the act of abuse and neglect has been increasingly exposed by the press and by government sources. High profile cases have prompted a response to both a perceived and real threat that seeks guidance from key legislation.
As a result, all those in contact with children, particularly healthcare professionals, are required to be aware of this legislation governing Child Protection, the welfare of children, and understand one's own professional responsibilities. This course provides a up to Level 2 knowledge and understanding of the principles held within the "Safeguarding Children" competency framework, including:
- An introduction to "Safeguarding"
- Key legislation encompassing Child Protection
- Professional responsibilities towards children
- How to recognise and respond to child maltreatment
- How to handle information about a child and their guardian
- Information about the training framework for "Safeguarding"
The course will conclude with a short question and answer session to assess your learning.
Please ensure you have read every page of the course (numbered at the bottom of the screen), otherwise you will not have the option of taking the test.
is an Approved Educational Supplier for CPDme