Working Together to Safeguard Children Munro Review
About this course
Effective partnership working is crucial to improve outcomes for children, young people and families. Our newest training programme is to brings all the anticipated changed based upon The Munro review of Child Protection. The programme covers essential safeguarding practice, multi agency working, engagement, communication and information sharing that is based upon the key recommendations from The Munro Review of Child Protection: Final Report A child-centred system.
The course aims to cover:
- Develop an understanding of the current recommendations for the new Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Extend knowledge and understanding of statutory legislation and local procedures
- The power balance of professionals when working with families
- Understand the safeguarding roles of parents and carers and recognise factors that can impact upon parenting.
- Taking Munro’s recommendations practitioners are to be more aware of their personal and professional attitudes towards safeguarding children.
- To create a safe environment in order to promote the development of trusting relationships between professional groups to enable good and effective practice within the community.
- Develop awareness of roles and responsibilities in other agencies and understanding that each share common responsibilities
- Understand the challenges and barriers to effective information sharing.
- Emphasise the importance of working co-operatively and collaboratively with professionals from other agencies in safeguarding children.
- To understand the purpose and importance of Child Protection Plans..
is an Approved Educational Supplier for CPDme