Safer Culture and Safer Practices
About this course
It is now a criminal offence for individuals barred by the ISA to work or apply to work with children or vulnerable adults. Employers also face criminal sanctions for knowingly employing a barred individual across a wider range of work.
The Safer Culture and Safer Practices course will help you to improve your organisation’s recruitment process to deter unsuitable people from applying to work with children and/or vulnerable adults. You will increase your awareness of a range of recruitment measures which will help you to identify and reject unsuitable applicants before appointment. You will strengthen the safety of your own workforce by increasing your awareness of safer working practices and managing allegations against staff.
This course will enable you to:
- Identify the key features of staff recruitment that help, deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people;
- Have an understanding of offender behaviour;
- Develop safer working practices for your staff;
- Know how to manage allegations;
- Review your own organisation’s procedures and practices;
- Learn best practice in creating a safer culture for children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
This course is a must for you if you have responsibility for recruiting and managing people.
is an Approved Educational Supplier for CPDme