Foster Care Training
About this course
Foster care training covers a wide range of topics that can be clearly linked to three stages: pre approval, support and development and long term foster carer development. The training we offer covers the induction standards and directly correlates to the foster care workbook. Our training covers the national minimum standards including induction. We also have experience of facilitating foster care networks.
A course may cover:
All foster care training is linked to the Children’s Workforce Development Council Guidance.
- Standard 1: understand the principles and values essential for fostering children and young people
- Standard 2: understand your role as a Foster Carer
- Standard 3: understand health and safety, and healthy caring
- Standard 4: know how to communicate effectively
- Standard 5: understand the development of children and young people
- Standard 6: safeguard children and young people (keep them safe from harm)
- Standard 7: develop yourself
is an Approved Educational Supplier for CPDme