Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety Certificate - For Catering
Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene & Safety for Catering
The content of the course matches the syllabus used by both the CIEH and the RSPH includes:
- Matches RSPH & CIEH Syllabus
- Meets UK / EU Legal Requirements
- CPD & RoSPA Accredited Online Course
- Fully Online Training & Exam, Instant Access
- High Quality Level 2 Certificate - posted the next working day
- Food Poisoning – Why food safety is important in the catering sector
- Bacteriology – Types of bacteria and factors that can affect its multiplication
- Prevention of Contamination – Controlling measures that can be put into place to prevent the spread of bacteria
- Temperature Control – How to measure food temperatures and how temperature control for certain food types will reduce the multiplication of bacteria
- Personal Hygiene – How food handlers must maintain high levels of personal hygiene
- Premises & Pest Control – The need to keep food premises maintained and in good condition and the consequences for the food business if infestation occurs
- Cleaning & Disinfection – Methods to keep premises and equipment in good order
- The Law – The legal obligations of food handlers
Who Should take this course
This e-learning course has been designed so that all food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal obligation to undertake training. The course is aimed at food handlers working in catering or hospitality including hotels, restaurants, cafes, bars, fast food outlets, takeaways, cafes, kitchens, hospitals, schools and colleges.
The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry regulations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
On successful completion of the Childhood Weight Management course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Once you have completed all of the online training material you will be able to take the online assessment. The assessment consists of 30 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked instantly so you will know whether you have passed as soon as you finish.
If you don’t pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as necessary at no extra charge.
To complete the course in full should take approximately 2 hours. Once you buy the course there is no time limit on when you need to start it. There is also no time limit for completion. You can spread the course out over several sessions or complete it all at once, whichever fits best around your schedule.