Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety Certificate - For Retail
Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene & Safety for Retail
The content of the course matches the syllabus used by both the CIEH and the RSPH includes:
- Matches RSPH & CIEH Syllabus
- Meets UK / EU Legal requirements
- CPD & RoSPA Accredited Online Course
- Fully Online Training & Exam, Instant Access
- High Quality Level 2 Certificate posted the next working day
- Food Poisoning – Causes of food poisoning and the methods that can be taken to contain them
- Bacteriology – Food poisoning bacteria and its multiplication
- Prevention of Contamination – Controlling measures that can be put into place to prevent the spread of bacteria
- Personal Hygiene – How food handlers in the retail sector must maintain high levels of personal hygiene
- Premises & Pest Control – The need to keep food premises maintained and in good condition and the consequences of infestation in a retail business
- Cleaning & Disinfection – The significance and methods of cleaning in retail premises
- The Law – The laws applying to the retail sector
- Stock Control – The importance of monitoring food to reduce the chance of safety problems and the importance of use-by and best-before dates
Who Should take this course
This e-learning course has been designed so that all food handlers in the retail sector can satisfy their legal obligation to undertake training. The course is aimed at anybody working in retail, for example market stalls, farm shops, grocery stores, supermarkets, butchers, bakers, fish shops, wholesalers and delicatessens.
The course gives learners a basic knowledge of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry regulations, providing relevant examples with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in retail settings.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The online assessment consists of 30 multiple choice questions (selected from a much larger bank of questions) with a pass mark of 70%. The assessment is taken on completion of the training material, which is all included in the price of the course. As soon as the assessment is completed you will know instantly whether you have passed.
If you don’t pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as necessary at no extra charge.
We expect the average candidate takes approximately 2 hours to complete the full course and assessment at the end. The course can be completed in a single session or spread out over several sessions to fit around a busy schedule. You can login and logout as many times as you like. There is no time limit on starting the course once you have purchased it and there is no time limit for completion.