Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Catering
Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Hygiene & Safety for Catering
- Matches RSPH & CIEH Syllabus
- Meets UK / EU Legal requirements
- CPD & RoSPA Accredited Online Course
- Fully Online Training & Exam, Instant Access
- High Quality Level 3 Certificate posted the next working day
The content of the course matches the syllabus used by both the CIEH and the RSPH includes:
- Food Legislation – legislation in food businesses, how legislation is enforced, the responsibilities of employers and employees and the concept of due diligence.
- Microbiology - factors of bacteria multiplication, the threats of food poisoning bacteria.
- Prevention of Contamination - the four types of contamination and how to prevent food being contaminated.
- Personal Hygiene - the need for good personal hygiene in the work environment and the role of the supervisor in ensuring good personal hygiene amongst food handlers.
- Food Safety Control - the value of good storage and the importance of date checking and stock control.
- Temperature Control - the various methods of measuring food temperatures, the correct temperatures for heating and cooling food and the stages of cook-chill.
- Food Spoilage Control – the principles of food preservation available to prevent spoilage.
- Pest Control - the different pests, their impact on the workplace and the methods that can be taken to control them.
- Cleaning & Disinfection - the need for cleaning, the different methods of cleaning and cleaning products, managing cleaning schedules, controlling internal and external waste appropriately.
- The Design and Construction of Premises - the suitable considerations that have to be taken into account when siting and constructing food premises.
- Training Staff - the legal regulations regarding training and the need for good communications and record keeping.
- Implementing Food Management Safety Systems - a detailed examination of each step of the HACCP system.
- Safer Food, Better Business - introduces Safer Food Better Business and demonstrates how managers and supervisors can practically apply it in the workplace.
Who Should take this course
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the catering sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business. It is designed to provide detailed knowledge of food safety principles and practices, through identifying potential hazards to food safety. In providing this knowledge, supervisors and food managers will be able to develop and implement food safety systems appropriate to their workplace.
The Level 3 Food Hygiene Course is ideal for anyone responsible for the HACCP system in a food business. The course focuses on developing an in depth knowledge of food safety, implementing a HACCP system and the importance of training staff. The course will give candidates the knowledge required for putting a food safety management system into place, whilst teaching the candidates how to communicate this knowledge to other staff as the business expands.
Our Level 3 Food Hygiene Course is recommended for any food business that is striving to achieve a 5* Scores on the Doors rating, the national hygiene rating system that looks at how well a food business is managed. To achieve a 5* rating, the business must demonstrate best practise in managing and achieving very high standards of compliance with food safety legislation. For a good rating, the Environmental Health Officer will be looking for managers and supervisors to be trained to Level 3 Food Hygiene standard.
For Supervisors and Managers in small businesses, taking the Level 3 Course will help make sense of the Safer Food Better Business Pack provided by the FSA (Also Cook Safe in Scotland / Safe Catering in Northern Ireland). The course will give candidates the foundation as to why food safety is important.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Our food hygiene courses match the syllabus used by both the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH / RIPH) and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
Once you have completed all of the online training material you will be able to take the online assessment. The assessment consists of 60 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked instantly so you will know whether you have passed as soon as you finish.
If you don't pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as necessary at no extra charge.
To complete the course in full should take approximately 10 hours. Once you buy the course there is no time limit on when you need to start it. There is also no time limit for completion. You can spread the course out over several sessions or complete it all at once, whichever fits best around your schedule.
£125 + vat