Level 3 Food Safety Supervision for Retail
Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Hygiene & Safety for Retail
Matches RSPH & CIEH Syllabus
Meets UK / EU Legal requirements
CPD & RoSPA Accredited Online Course
Fully Online Training & Exam, Instant Access
High Quality Level 3 Certificate posted the next working day
The content of the course matches the syllabus used by both the CIEH and the RSPH includes:
- Food Legislation – UK and EU food legislation, compliance with food legislation and due diligence.
- Microbiology - how bacteria multiplies, high-risk foods, common food-borne illnesses and their effects.
- Prevention of Contamination - explores types of contamination, cross-contamination and the measures that can be taken to prevent contamination of food.
- Personal Hygiene - the need for good personal hygiene in the retail business and the role of the supervisor in ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Food Safety Control - the value of good storage and the importance of date checking, stock control and the effect that bad food hygiene in a retail business can have.
- Temperature Control - the various methods of measuring food temperatures, the correct temperatures for heating and cooling food and the stages of the cook-chill method.
- Food Spoilage Control - what causes food spoilage and the types of food preservation available to prevent spoilage.
- Pest Control – common food pests, their impact on the workplace and the methods that can be taken to control them.
- Cleaning & Disinfection - the benefits of cleaning, the different methods of cleaning, managing cleaning schedules, controlling internal and external waste appropriately.
- Training Staff - the legal regulations regarding training, types of training and the need for good communications and record keeping.
- Implementing Food Management Safety Systems - a detailed examination of each step of the HACCP system.
- Traceability – the role of the supervisor in audits and tracing food products from ‘farm to fork’.
Who Should take this course
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the retail sector, for example market stalls, farm shops, grocery stores, supermarkets, butchers, bakers, fish shops, wholesalers and delicatessens. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business. It is designed to provide detailed knowledge of food safety principles and practices, through identifying potential hazards to food safety. In providing this knowledge, supervisors and food managers will be able to develop and implement food safety systems appropriate to their workplace.
The Level 3 Food Hygiene Course is ideal for anyone responsible for the HACCP system in a food business. The course focuses on developing an in depth knowledge of food safety, implementing a HACCP system and the importance of training staff. The course will give candidates the knowledge required for putting a food safety management system into place, whilst teaching the candidates how to communicate this knowledge to other staff as the business expands. The course provides knowledge of correct management procedures specific to retail sector situations, including traceability and product recalls.
Our Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is recommended for any food business that is striving to achieve a 5* Scores on the Doors rating, the national hygiene rating system that looks at how well a food business is managed. To achieve a 5* rating, best practise in managing and achieving very high standards of compliance with food safety legislation must be demonstrated throughout the business. The Environmental Health Officer will be looking for managers and supervisors to be trained to Level 3 Food Hygiene standard to award the premises a good rating.
For Supervisors and Managers in small businesses, taking the Level 3 Course will help make sense of the Safer Food Better Business Pack provided by the FSA (Also Cook Safe in Scotland / Safe Catering in Northern Ireland). The course will give candidates the foundation as to why food safety is important.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Our food hygiene courses match the syllabus used by both the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH / RIPH) and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
Once you have completed all of the online training material you will be able to take the online assessment. The assessment consists of 60 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked instantly so you will know whether you have passed as soon as you finish.
If you don't pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as necessary at no extra charge.
To complete the course in full should take approximately 10 hours. Once you buy the course there is no time limit on when you need to start it. There is also no time limit for completion. You can spread the course out over several sessions or complete it all at once, whichever fits best around your schedule.