Level 3 Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing
Level 3 Award in Food Hygiene & Safety for Manufacturing
- Matches RSPH & CIEH Syllabus
- Meets UK / EU Legal requirements
- CPD & RoSPA Accredited Online Course
- Fully Online Training & Exam, Instant Access
- High Quality Level 3 Certificate posted the next working day
The content of the course matches the syllabus used by both the CIEH and the RSPH includes:
- Food Legislation - food legislation in food manufacturing businesses, how legislation is enforced, who enforces food legislation and the role of the supervisor in the investigation of food poisoning.
- Microbiology – the factors which cause the multiplication of food poisoning bacteria and the effects of food-borne illnesses.
- Prevention of Contamination - types of contamination and how to prevent food contamination in all stages of manufacturing.
- Personal Hygiene - explains the need for good personal hygiene in the work environment and the hygiene facilities which should be made available in manufacturing businesses.
- Food Safety Control - the value of good storage and the importance of date checking and stock control.
- Temperature Control - the methods of measuring food temperatures and the controls that are necessary throughout the manufacturing process.
- Pest Control - the different forms of pests, their impact on the workplace and the methods that can be taken to control them.
- Cleaning & Disinfection - the need for cleaning, the different methods of cleaning in a manufacturing premises, managing cleaning schedules, controlling internal and external waste appropriately.
- The Design and Construction of Premises – the designs and features that are necessary for a safe manufacturing workplace.
- Training Staff - the legal regulations regarding training, types of training and the need for good communications and record keeping.
- Implementing Food Management Safety Systems - a detailed examination of each step of the HACCP system.
- Manufacturing Inspections and Audits – the importance of auditing in manufacturing businesses and the role of the supervisor in the auditing and inspection process.
Who Should take this course?
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the manufacturing sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business. It is designed to provide detailed knowledge of food safety principles and practices, through identifying potential hazards to food safety. In providing this knowledge, supervisors and food managers will be able to develop and implement food safety systems appropriate to their workplace.
The Level 3 Food Hygiene Course is ideal for anyone responsible for the HACCP system in a food business. The course focuses on developing an in depth knowledge of food safety, implementing a HACCP system and the importance of training staff. The course will give candidates the knowledge required for putting a food safety management system into place, whilst teaching the candidates how to communicate this knowledge to other staff as the business expands. Management procedures specific to the sector such as manufacturing inspections and audits are covered to give supervisors and managers the required level of knowledge.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Our food hygiene courses match the syllabus used by both the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH / RIPH) and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
Once you have completed all of the online training material you will be able to take the online assessment. The assessment consists of 60 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked instantly so you will know whether you have passed as soon as you finish.
If you don't pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as necessary at no extra charge
To complete the course in full should take approximately 10 hours. Once you buy the course there is no time limit on when you need to start it. There is also no time limit for completion. You can spread the course out over several sessions or complete it all at once, whichever fits best around your schedule.
£125 + vat