Level 1 Food Safety Awareness
This online Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety course is designed as an introduction to food safety in order to provide people who work alongside low-risk food with a basic knowledge of general food safety controls and procedures. The course is designed solely for staff who do not have a direct role in preparing or handling food but who need to have a basic knowledge of food hygiene in order to ensure that they are able to work safely.
- Matches RSPH & CIEH Syllabus
- Meets UK / EU Legal Requirements
- CPD & RoSPA Accredited Online Course
- Fully Online Training & Exam, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate - posted the next working day
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Food Safety – food poisoning and its symptoms and food hazards
- Food Safety Law – HACCP, responsibilities of a food business, who enforces the law, penalties for committing a food safety offence and your part in food safety
- Food Safety Hazards – where bacteria are found, harmful bacteria, conditions for growth, high and low risk foods and cross contamination
- General Food Safety Controls – food deliveries, temperature control, fridges and freezers, food preparation, reheating food and pest control.
- Cleaning and Disinfection – what are disinfectants and sanitizers? When to clean and disinfect, clean as you go and scheduled cleaning, cleaning equipment and dealing with rubbish
- Personal Hygiene – the importance of personal hygiene, hand washing, protective clothing and illness
Who Should take this course
This Level 1 Food Hygiene and Safety course is designed for workers who are not directly involved in the preparation or handling of high-risk food, or who only handle wrapped or pre-packaged food. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Front of house employees
- Checkout staff
- Bar workers
- Kitchen porters
If your role involves directly handling or preparing high-risk foods, then you will need to take our Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety course in order to comply with food handlers’ legal obligations.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Our food hygiene courses match the syllabus used by both the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH / RIPH) and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 30 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge
It takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£15 + VAT