Online Health & Safety for Food Handlers Course
This Health and Safety course is specifically designed for food handlers wishing to learn essential health and safety issues in the food catering, manufacturing and retail sectors.
- Developed by Health & Safety & Food Hygiene Professionals
- High Quality Training Experience
- CPD & RoSPA Accredited Course
- Fully Online Training & Test, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate - posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This course has been designed for workers in the food catering, manufacturing and retail sectors willing to gain a wider knowledge of health and safety hazards in the workplace.
This course establishes the factors that can lead to poor health and safety and the consequences of such factors. Furthermore, the course discusses how to avoid poor standards of health and safety and how to implement good health and safety practice in the workplace. The course meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees handling food through all stages from delivery to service, providing relevant examples regarding correct procedures in assuring a safe working environment. The course has been developed by qualified and experienced health and safety professionals with many years experience in the delivery of training solutions.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
ContentThe content of the course includes:
- Health and Safety Law – the legislation food handlers must comply with; liability for prosecution and the role of enforcement officers.
- Ill Health and Accidents -what causes accidents at work; examples of accidents and how they must be reported.
- Risk Assessment – why risk assessments are needed in the workplace and how they are carried out.
- Hazardous Substances - how to identify hazardous substances and the methods in dealing with such substances.
- Manual Handling - the injuries occurred from manual handling and controlling the risk of injury through the use of good handling techniques.
- Noise, Stress and Violence – how these issues can impact on health and safety in the workplace.
- Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare - the requirements in protecting health and preventing accidents; different types of safety signs; first aid provision and the role of first aid personnel.
- Work Equipment - how accidents can happen when using work equipment; the methods that can be taken to prevent accidents such as the safe use of equipment and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Electricity and Fire - the safe use of electrical equipment and fire prevention; dealing with electrical emergencies and fires.
Once you have completed all of the online training material you will be able to take the online assessment. The assessment consists of 30 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked instantly so you will know whether you have passed as soon as you finish.
If you don’t pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as necessary at no extra charge.
To complete the course in full should take approximately 2 hours. Once you buy the course there is no time limit on when you need to start it. There is also no time limit for completion. You can spread the course out over several sessions or complete it all at once, whichever fits best around your schedule.
£30 + VAT