Level 2 Cleaning in Food Premises Training Course
This Level 2 Cleaning in Food Premises course is designed to ensure that employers are able to comply with Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 on the hygiene of food stuffs. Under this regulation, food premises must be kept clean and this course provides those responsible for cleaning with the relevant knowledge to be able to do so safely and effectively whilst preventing contamination of food.
- Ensures compliance with Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 on the hygiene of food stuffs Annex II
- Designed by Experts in Health and Safety
- Matches the CIEH Syllabus
- High Quality Training Experience
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the importance of cleaning in food premises.
- Know how to identify hazards and reduce risks.
- Understand the need for preparing the workplace, the equipment and themselves before starting to clean.
- Know how to clean different parts of the premises.
- Understand cross contamination.
- Understand the importance of dealing with chemical waste and maintaining cleaning equipment.
Who Should take this course
It is a legal requirement, under Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 on the hygiene of food stuffs, that food premises are kept clean, maintained and in good repair. Anything which comes into contact with food must also be cleaned effectively and disinfected where necessary to reduce the risk of contamination.
This course ensures compliance with this Regulation and is suitable for anyone with a responsibility for cleaning a food premises, at all levels of employment.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Cleaning and Cleaning Hazards - key definitions, how to write a cleaning schedule, benefits of cleaning, legal responsibilities, food safety hazards and controlling hazards.
- Preparing to Clean -benefitsstorage requirements, personal hygiene, personal protective equipment, protecting food, preparing machinery, cleaning equipment and products, ventilation and hazard warning signs.
- Cleaning Methods - control measures to prevent contamination, cleaning floors, walls, fixtures and fittings, dishes and utensils.
- Cleaning Standards - identifying and reporting faults, pests, waste disposal, environmental impact of cleaning and storage of cleaning equipment.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£25 + VAT