Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Training Course
Under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002, regulation 12 states that ‘every employer who undertakes work which is liable to expose an employee to a substance hazardous to health shall provide that employee with suitable and sufficient information, instruction and training.’
Hazardous substances can affect anyone within the workplace, not just those who handle them regularly. This COSHH training course is designed to give workers knowledge of the risks surrounding working with hazardous substances, including how to begin a COSHH assessment by identifying the risks and the control measures needed. The course enables organisations to comply with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
Hazardous substances have the potential to exist in every workplace in the UK. They can have a variety of ill health effects and explosive properties so it is essential that they are handled and controlled effectively and knowledgeably.
- Ensures compliance with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- CPD and RoSPA Accredited Course
- High Quality Training Experience
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This COSHH training course provides suitable training for all levels of employees who work, or may come into contact with, hazardous substances in the workplace. All employees must have the necessary knowledge to be competent and do the job properly. This includes, but is not limited to, people who work in professions such as:
Beauty and hairdressing
Offshore oil and gas
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to COSHH - what is a hazardous substance and where are hazardous substances found? Routes of entry, ill-health and other effects and chemical labelling.
- Legal Framework -benefits of COSHH regulations, the different laws for specific substances and employer and employee responsibilities.
- Risk Assessment and Control Measures - complying with COSHH regulations., COSHH risk assessments, risk prevention, control measures hierarchy, work exposure limits, personal protective equipment, health surveillance, instruction and training.
- Types of Hazardous Substance - reducing and eliminating risks from flammable, explosive and asthma-causing substances, asbestos and lead and emergency procedures.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£25 + VAT