Legionella and Legionnaires' Disease Awareness Training Course
This Legionella and Legionnaires’ Disease Awareness course is designed to help employers, workers and duty holders, such as landlords, understand the severity of legionella so that they can determine their responsibilities, identify the risks and ensure appropriate control measures are put in place. The course outlines legal responsibilities, details some of the symptoms of legionnaires’ diease and explains how you can undertake a legionella risk assessment to make sure hazardous environments are kept as safe as possible.
- Designed by a Qualified Health and Safety Professional
- High Quality Training Experience
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This course is suitable for anyone who works with a manufactured water-handling system or in an environment where these systems are used. This includes those who work with cooling towers, hot and cold systems and spa pool systems, as well as other potentially at-risk systems such as showers, sprays, fountains, air-conditioning units and humidifiers.
People who manage rental properties, such as letting agents, estate agents and landlords, must also show that they are aware of the risks of legionella. This includes people who rent out property for business or residential purposes.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction – what is legionella? Where does legionella come from? How do people get legionnaires’ disease? What are the symptoms of legionella and legionnaires’ disease? What to do if you develop symptoms.
- The Legal Framework – employer and employee duties, role of the duty holder, the HSE Approved Code of Practice L8.
- Hazardous Environments – cooling tower systems, hot and cold water systems, spa pool systems and other risk systems.
- Assessing Risks – what is a risk assessment? How to undertake a legionella risk assessment; the five steps.
- Control Measures – how do you manage, prevent or control the risk? What records do you need to keep? Other duties, communication, education and training.
AssessmentThe online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£30 + VAT