Introduction to Safeguarding Children Training Course (formerly referred to as Level 1 Safeguarding)
This safeguarding children training course is designed to help workers from all disciplines learn more about an essential, and potentially life-saving, workplace subject. The course aims to educate people who work with children or families on what child protection is, how child abuse can be recognised and how to go about reporting cases of abuse to child protection officers and social services. This course has been created as an introduction to safeguarding children and covers all the vital subject matters.
- High Quality Training Experience
- Designed by Experts in Safeguarding Children
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This child protection training course is appropriate for anyone who works with children or their families. The course is suitable for those who have no prior knowledge of safeguarding children or for those who wish to take a refresher course to remind themselves of the important issues.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction – an introduction to child protection, an overview of the Victoria Climbie Inquiry and reasons for taking this course.
- Key concepts and defining abuse – information on child protection policies and law, your role in safeguarding children, a definition of each type of child abuse.
- Recognising abuse – warning signs and indicators to look out for which may suggest a child is being abused.
- Responding to concerns and making referrals – knowing how to deal with concerns, who to talk to, what actions to take and how to make a referral to social services.
- Good practice in responding to concerns – reasons why people don’t act on concerns, why safeguarding is so important and what to do if a child tells you something.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£30 + VAT