Advanced Safeguarding Children (formerly referred to as Level 2 Safeguarding)
This advanced safeguarding children course aims to help develop the best practice in the protection of children by ensuring you have sufficient knowledge to effectively manage staff and report concerns. The course raises awareness of the importance of having a child protection policy in place and gives multiple scenario examples of how you and your staff can recognise signs of abuse in real life situations.
- High Quality Training Experience
- Designed by Experts in Safeguarding Children
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This advanced course in child protection is suitable for managers and supervisors who manage staff that work with children or families. The course highlights the importance of having a safeguarding children policy in place and ensuring all staff are aware of what steps they should take to report concerns.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The course is divided into seven accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction – why the protection of children is important, an overview of the Victoria Climbie case and the Baby P case review.
- Legislation and Duties – definition of safeguarding children, having a child protection policy, the Children Act 1989 and 2004 and definitions of children in need and significant harm.
- Roles and Responsibilities – the role of social services, your role in safeguarding children and scenario examples.
- Recognising and Working With Risk – scenario examples featuring signs to look out for that may suggest child abuse.
- Responding to Concerns – actions to take for the protection of children, first steps in making a referral, who to make a referral to, following up the referral and the next stages.
- After the Referral – initial assessments, S47 enquiries, the child protection conference, core assessments, child protection plans and review conferences.
- The Future of Child Protection – the Munro report.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 5 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£39 + VAT