Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
This Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) course is designed to help those who work with vulnerable adults increase their knowledge on such an important subject. Safeguarding adults is everyone’s responsibility and having a thorough understanding of the process is invaluable to you, your business and the vulnerable adults you know. This safeguarding adults training aims to help you identify the signs of potential abuse and understand what to do with your concerns.
- High Quality Training Experience
- Designed by Experts in Safeguarding Children
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
The protection of vulnerable adults is imperative to anyone who works with vulnerable adults on a part-time or full-time basis. The training is suitable for any workers, regardless of the role, and regardless of whether you are a paid employee or a volunteer.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The course is divided into seven accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction – why Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) is important, Steven Hoskin case example.
- Key Facts – definitions of abuse and vulnerable adults, the types of abuse, who can be an abuser, adults at risk and what increases the risk of abuse.
- Vulnerable Adult Abuse – detail on the different types of abuse and scenario examples of how they can apply to real life.
- Signs and Indicators of Vulnerable Adult Abuse – an overview of the signs that may indicate abuse and scenario examples of how they may feature in real life.
- Responding to Concerns – first steps in responding to a concern, the importance of disclosing information, who you can seek advice from, confidentiality and recording abuse.
- Making Referrals to Adult Social Care – how to make a referral, the process that happens when you have and where to go for further information.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£30 + VAT