Domestic Violence and Abuse
This online Domestic Violence and Abuse training course aims to raise awareness of the reasons behind, and impact of, domestic violence and abuse (DVA) on both the adult victim and the victim’s children. The course aims to help those who work with families and children understand the effects DVA has on their lives and to ensure that they know what to do with their concerns.
- High Quality Training Experience
- Designed by Experts in Safeguarding
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This online Domestic Violence and Abuse training course is suitable for anyone who works with either children or their families. There are no pre-requisites, although you may find it useful to take the Introduction to Safeguarding Children course first to gain a better understanding of some of the terms used.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction – key facts about the risks and impact of DVA.
- Defining Domestic Violence and Abuse – the Duluth model, definitions of abuse and case examples.
- Understanding and Recognising DVA – how DVA happens, who can be a victim, who can be a perpetrator, raising awareness, understanding victim responses, ending relationships and the impact of DVA.
- The Impact of DVA on Children and Young People – recognising DVA, case study, how children are affected and how children react to DVA.
- Responding to Concerns About DVA – best practice, working safely, how to talk to victims and children about DVA, further resources, involving social services, assessing significant harm, protecting children at risk and the future of DVA practice.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 3 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£30 + VAT