Business Writing Skills
This online writing course is designed to help people acquire better written skills that will help them in both everyday business and personal settings. The course aims to raise awareness of good written techniques, including information on correct grammar and spelling and information on how to use language to the writer’s advantage. This business writing course also goes into more detail on what needs to be included in different styles of business writing, such as e-mails and meeting agendas, and which written skills can be employed for each setting.
- High Quality Training Experience
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate - posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This online business writing course is aimed at anyone in a business setting who wishes to improve their written skills. The course contains information on all styles of writing - including e-mails, letters, minutes, reports and social media - and is well suited for workers who are required to write on both a regular and less-often basis.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction - the benefits of good written skills, types of business writing, reasons for writing, the ‘Five Cs’ and the importance of good structure.
- Language and Spelling - the importance of effective language, creative language, international language, spelling, common errors and editing.
- Grammar - definitions and examples of the different parts of English grammar, including active and passive voice, person and punctuation.
- Types of Business Writing - information on what to include and the style to adopt for different types of business writing from e-mails and letters to reports and minutes.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£25 + VAT