Cross Cultural Awareness Training
This cross cultural awareness training aims to provide an understanding of the different cultural rules – with a focus on Japanese, Chinese, Indian and Saudi-Arabian cultures – that can be encountered in the everyday workplace. Having the ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment is essential to modern day businesses, whether you employ a diverse team of people, deal with international suppliers or welcome overseas guests to meetings and events. This course highlights some of these differences, explains how to develop your own and your team’s cultural awareness and features several scenario exercises for you to test your knowledge along the way.
- High Quality Training Experience
- Approved by Cultural Welfare Experts
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This cross cultural awareness training is particularly useful for people who work on a global scale, with virtual teams, who are looking to enter the international market or are moving abroad for business. It is also well suited to managers in charge of culturally diverse teams or for those people who welcome international visitors to the UK for meetings or events.
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction - reasons for and benefits of cultural awareness, negatives for not possessing cultural awareness skills, different degrees of cultural awareness.
- Intercultural values - common misconceptions, cultural differences in everyday working life including timekeeping, authority, working relationships, dress code and food and drink.
- Communication - different communication styles and languages, greeting and gifts, meetings and negotiations and the importance of non-verbal gestures.
- Managing teams - the importance of being able to manage a multicultural team, reducing conflict, raising awareness in the workplace, job interviews, religious holidays and developing cultural awareness.
- Working abroad - dealing with cultural shock, cultural sensitivity, the challenges of relocation, working internationally and business card etiquette.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£25 + VAT