Workplace First Aid Training
DescriptionThis online First Aid course is essential for everyone in every workplace and every home; you never know when you may need to use first aid skills and have the confidence to act in a potentially life-threatening situation. Using high quality videos alongside written guidance, this online course will provide you with all the information needed to be able to recognise emergency situations, treat conditions and reactions and ensure that you can take appropriate action at the time of an incident.
Remember, however, that you should always seek medical advice before taking action in case of emergency. This online training is purely for guidance purposes only and does not replace practical training.
- Designed by a Qualified First Aid Trainer
- High Quality Training Experience
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This online First Aid course is suitable for people and businesses who wish to learn new first aid skills or refresh their existing first aid skills. No previous qualifications are needed to take this course as all the basic first aid techniques are covered throughout the training.
This course is best suited to low-risk workplaces, such as shops, offices and restaurants, which do not require a qualified first-aider but must appoint somebody to be in charge of the first aid arrangements. It is also considered best practice for employers to provide information about first aid to their employees. This course satisfies this requirement.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction and Primary Assessment – the aim of first aid, health and safety regulations, your first aid box, Danger, Airway, Response and Breathing
- Resuscitation (CPR) – how to administer CPR to adults, children and infants, defibrillators, things to consider and unconscious casualties.
- Secondary Areas Part 1 – the recovery position, choking, wounds and bleeding and shock.
- Secondary Areas Part 2 – burns, eye injuries, head injuries, fractures, dislocations, spinal injuries and amputation.
- Secondary Conditions and Reactions Part 1 – asthma, allergic reactions, nose bleeds, diabetes, epilepsy, heart attacks and strokes.
- Secondary Conditions and Reactions Part 2 – hyperventilation, fainting, sprains and strains, poisoning, drowning and record keeping.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 3-4 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£25 + VAT