Online Communication Skills Course
This online Communication Skills training course is designed to help those working in a business environment improve their everyday communication skills, from holding appraisals, providing feedback and giving complaints to negotiating, dealing with confrontation and being more assertive. The course gives an overview of some of the main communication styles found in the workplace and provides details on how you can improve your skills to get the best result each time. The course also uses some real-life examples of successful communicators to show how these new-found skills can be used to their greatest in the real world.
High Quality Training Experience
CPD Accredited Course
Fully Online Course, Instant Access
High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This Communication Skills training is suitable for employers, managers, supervisors or anyone in a leadership role who wishes to improve their communication skills. The course is best suited to those who work within an office environment although the content is applicable to anyone required to communicate effectively on a regular basis.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction – reasons for communication, types of communication, benefits and negatives, attributes of a good communicator, preparing yourself and your message.
- Appraisals, Feedback and Motivating – creating a positive atmosphere, appraisals, feedback, confidentiality and motivating staff.
- Empathy, Coaching and Asking Questions – empathy and support, positive phrases, emotional intelligence, over the phone, coaching and asking questions.
- Disagreements, Confrontation and Complaints – difficult conversations, disagreements, dealing with confrontation, complaints and upset workers.
- Criticism, Assertion, Negotiation and Persuasion – giving criticism, useful phrases, being assertive, negotiation and persuasion.
- Non-Verbal Communication – body language, listening skills, men vs women, confidence, managing emotions, written communication and cross-cultural communication.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 4 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£25 + VAT