Online Manual Handling Training Course
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 require employers to ensure that all employees are trained and competent in manual handling.
Manual handling accidents account for more than a third of all accidents reported each year to the enforcing authorities. It is estimated that in excess of 500,000 people in Great Britain suffer from a musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) mainly affecting the upper limbs or neck that was caused, or made worse, by their current or past work.
This Manual Handling Training Course provides the necessary information and training for organisations to understand more about the risks associated with manual handling, how to undergo a risk assessment and how to ensure appropriate control measures are put in place.
Ensures compliance with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
Matches the CIEH Level 2 Syllabus
Developed by Health & Safety Professionals with over 30 Years’ Experience
CPD and RoSPA Accredited Course
High Quality Training Experience
Fully Online Course, Instant Access
High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
The manual handling course is aimed at all levels of employees who may undertake manual handling operations, including the transporting of a load of items by lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving thereof by hand or by bodily force. This includes, but is not limited to, professions such as:
- Warehouse and factory staff
- Heavy manual labourers
- Unloading and loading of vehicles
- Construction and building site workers
- Office workers
- Delivery drivers
On successful completion of the course a high quality, personalised certificate will be posted to you the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also accredited by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and also includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction and Legislation – what is manual handling? Causes of injury, benefits of controlling risks, manual handling legislation, employer and employee duties and HSE guidance.
- Identifying the Risks – types of injury, occupations most at risk, the musculoskeletal system, the mechanics of movement and factors that increase the risk of harm.
- Risk Assessments – what is a risk assessment? Identifying task, load and environmental hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording findings and reviewing and updating.
- Reducing and Controlling the Risks – preparing a manual handling operation, hierarchy of control measures, individual capacity, can manual handling be avoided? Reducing the risk of harm, mechanical aids, changing the task, load and environment, personal protective equipment and reducing the risks from team handling.
- Manual Handling Techniques – lifting from low levels, carrying, lowering from height, pushing and pulling, team handling and further information.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£25 + VAT