Online Safeguarding Children with Disabilities Training Course
This Safeguarding Children with Disabilities Course aims to help people who work with disabled children and/or their families understand the impact that disabilities have on children and their everyday lives. The course raises awareness of disabled children’s vulnerability towards abuse and provides details of how you can ensure that their welfare is safeguarded. Being able to recognise and act on warning signs of abuse is essential to anyone who works with children and this Safeguarding Children with Disabilities training course aims to provide workers with an understanding of the best practice involved in responding to concerns.
High Quality Training Experience
Designed by Experts in Safeguarding Children
CPD Accredited Course
Fully Online Course, Instant Access
High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This course is suitable for anyone who works with disabled children, young adults and/or their families. This includes, but is not limited to, healthcare workers, teachers, child-minders, sports clubs and youth and community workers.
Everyone who works with children has safeguarding responsibilities and is required to take appropriate training to ensure their knowledge is up-to-date and relevant to their role. Alongside this course you may find it useful to take our online Introduction to Safeguarding Children Course for further information on the subject and definitions of all terminology used.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction – language guidelines and some key facts about children with disabilities.
- Understanding Disability and its Impact on Children – defining disability, examples of disabilities, the medical and social models of disability, the impact of disability on a child’s life, environment, care and family.
- The Abuse and Neglect of Children With Disabilities – why children with disabilities are vulnerable to abuse, created vulnerability, case studies, the impact of abuse and neglect.
- Recognising the Warning Signs of Abuse and Neglect – warning signs of abuse and case studies.
- Responding to Concerns About Abuse and Neglect – communicating with disabled children, talking to children, parents and carers about safeguarding concerns, responding to safeguarding concerns and best practice.
- Further Resources and Information – information on the books, documents and websites that provide further detail on safeguarding children with disabilities.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£30 + VAT