Online Working with Issues of Child Neglect Training Course
This online Working with Issues of Child Neglect training course is designed to provide practitioners with a better understanding of the issues of neglect. Neglect is an issue that affects a large number of children in the UK and it can have a devastating and permanent impact on a child’s life. This course looks at the issues associated with neglect, explains the potential warning signs that may indicate a child is being a neglected and helps you to understand how to respond effectively to any related safeguarding concerns.
High Quality Training Experience
Designed by Experts in Safeguarding Children
CPD Accredited Course
Fully Online Course, Instant Access
High Quality Certificate posted the next working day
Who Should take this course
This Working with Issues of Child Neglect training is suitable for anyone who works with children and their families who wishes to have a better understanding of the safeguarding issues surrounding child neglect.
Before taking this course it is recommended that you undergo some foundation level safeguarding training, such as our Introduction to Safeguarding Children Course. The Introduction course provides an overview of the key safeguarding children areas and terminology used throughout this Hidden Harm course.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction – what is known about child neglect, neglect and child fatalities and Khyra Ishaq’s case.
- Defining Neglect and its Impact on Children’s Lives – defining neglect, case studies, recognising the impact of neglect, the impact on brain development, neglect and adolescents.
- Recognising the Warning Signs of Neglect – physical, behavioural and developmental indicators, parental and environmental indicators, case studies.
- Best Practice in Responding to Concerns – when neglect becomes a child welfare concern, case studies, factors that may increase risk, responding to issues of neglect and practice tips.
- Further Resources – a short directory of the books, documents and websites that provide further information on the subject of child neglect.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
It takes approximately 2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit for completion.
£30 + VAT