How to Manage "Minor" Head Injury
Presented by Dr. Caroline Leech
Wednesday 19th February 2020 - 8PM
DESCRIPTIONLots of Trauma Education is focussed on the management of moderate or severe Head Injury and the Patient who has an abnormal GCS. In this webinar we will explore how to manage the Patient with Head Injury who has a normal GCS in the Pre-Hospital or Emergency Department setting, and how to navigate some common conundrums.
Topics will include:
- What is a ‘Head Injury’ or ‘Loss of Consciousness’?
- How to interpret Anisocoria.
- When does the Patient need a CT Scan?
- How to Manage the Patient with Alcohol and Drug Intoxication.
- The risk of Head Injury + Anticoagulants.
- Head Injury in a Patient with Dementia.
- Concussion in Sports.
- Paediatric Head Injury.
- How to Safety Net Discharged Patients.
Suitable for Paramedics, Junior Doctors, ED Nurses and Healthcare Students.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Dr Caroline Leech is a Consultant in Emergency Medicine and the Major Trauma Lead at University Hospital Coventry. She has 20 years experience of pre-hospital care and is currently the Deputy Clinical Lead of The Air Ambulance Service. Caroline is Associate Editor of the Emergency Medicine Journal, Executive Board member of the Faculty of Pre-hospital Care, and a member of the Trauma Care committee.
45 Mins & Q&A
Once you have registered. You will receive the joining instructions and also a reminder both 7 days and 1 day before the event.